Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tulip Time | Practice

      As mentioned in my earlier blog posts about Tulip Time, I am a Dutch Dancer. Now to learn that dance we have to practice, a lot. By a lot I mean that we have been practicing for twice a week since January. Yes, we practice for 5 months before we actually preform for a week. Practices really are not that bad, besides the fact that they are two hours before school starts. I am NOT a morning person, and so it isn't alway the best thing. But as bad as they sound, I sorta like practices. It's a time to just hang out with my group and they are pretty awesome. 
      About a month before Tulip Time we start to dance outside in our wooden shoes. I'm pretty sure that the people coming into school enjoy laughing at us dancing out in the parking lot. We even danced once in the rain this year. That's one thing about Dutch dancing, it doesn't stop for anything. I've done it out in snow, rain, the beating hot sun, and all sorts of whether. It's fun though, otherwise I wouldn't keep doing it. By the time Tulip Time comes around we are very prepared for dancing. We dance over 50 times in various places, not me personally but all us dancers combined. We are world famous after all. :) But more about Dutch dancers on another day, for now just appreciate all the hard work we put into learning the dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment