Monday, May 6, 2013

Tulip Time | A Bright Outlook

      On the way home from school tonight.... For anyone who lives in Holland, I take river street down through downtown Holland to get home. This means that I pass Centennial Park. Centennial Park is where Dutch Dancers dance most of the time, and where there are tons of tulips. So as I was driving past tonight, I could hear the music because I had the windows opened in my car. Just one group was dancing in the middle of the park, and as I got closer I saw a ring of people around them.
      When I say ring, I do not mean one line of people around the dances, I mean a mob of people around them. I have never seen to many tourists just watching one group dance. Normally there are a few groups of tourists and some families, but not an entire ring about 5 people deep! This tells me that there are going to be a LOT of people here for Tulip Time this year, which is good because it is the perfect year. The tulips are all out, and the sun is shinning. I really hope we have lots of tourists, because they are part of what makes Tulip Time so great. :) There is a saying that when you see someone going the wrong way down a oneway street in Holland, you know Tulip Time has started. (Downtown we have a Lot of one way streets, so it can get confusing.) Lets just hope the people keep coming and it shall be a good year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment