Friday, May 10, 2013

Tulip Time | Parades

      Parades are a huge part of Tulip Time in Holland. In all there are three parades, one on Wednesday which is just a typical parade, one on Thursday which is the children's parade, and one on Saturday which is the longest one. All of these pictures are from the children's parade, because that's the one I had my camera at.


      The different schools each have a sorta Dutch 'theme' that they represent and show with the kids. They march with their grades, and each grade has a different theme as well. Some carry flags, while others hold cut outs if Dutch foods. One school represents different Dutch books and stories. 



      Above is one of the floats that go in the parade. The Saturday parade has the most of them, and there are some in the other parades as well. 


      That's my brother marching in that band. I'm not in band so I don't have to march, but plenty of my friends do, so I like to go and watch. There are lots and lots and lots of different bands from all over west Michigan who come and march in all the parades. 


      I went to watch my little cousins march in the children's parade :) They are all so adorable. Who wouldn't want to march in a parade holding a cow! Or something else Dutch. 
      One thing I like about the parades is that we have half days for the first two parades. It's nice to be able to sit with my family and obnoxiously cheer at my family and friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment