Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sheep are Stupid.

      I'm pretty sure you have heard that assumption. It's less than an assumption, and more of a fact actually. Sheep are very stupid, and I can prove it too you.


Now this may just look like a normal sheep eating, but if you could have heard her screaming - you would think otherwise. She was screaming because her head was stuck. Again. 
Firstly: The holes on the feeder are not that small, none of the other sheep got stuck. 
Second: If you walked in the pen and pushed on the front of her head, it would pop out.
Thirdly: This was not the first time it would happen. Over the three hours on the farm, she got her head stuck over 10 times. Plus, we only noticed it when we walked back through and saw she was stuck again. 
     She would just sit there and scream. It wasn't hard to get her unstuck either. Animals are just dumb sometimes, or a lot of times. What it seemed like to me, was that she was trying to get some corn that was buried on the other side of the feeding trough. What you can't see in this picture is that there is a fence on the other side, so she was not just able to walk around. Thats why I turned the trough so that she could reach the other side. I had to leave soon after, so I was not sure if it was successful or not. She did go and eat on the other side when I turned it, so I hope it solved the problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment