Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sneaky Squirrel

We have been having a slight issue at our house this past week.
     There is a Black Squirrel (who is important enough that I capitalized his name), who has been sneaking into our garage. I have a rabbit and so we keep a tub of rabbit food, and some hay and such in our garage. Anytime we leave our garage door open, he will find his way in. I sat at my window one day and watched him do it.
     My mother is convinced he just sat in the tree and waited for us to leave the garage open and unattended. I'm pretty sure she is right. So that is why we set up a little trap. Now don't worry, we just wanted to capture him so we could transport it somewhere else - away from our house.
     In result, we did capture Mr. Black Squirrel. When I went to see, he was NOT very friendly.... I took a small video of him. Now note that he did this ANYTIME someone walked past, or even went in the garage. I didn't even know squirrels could make those sounds...

  

     To tell you the truth, I almost feel bad for the little guy. He just seemed so.... scared. At least he had some spunk.
    But you probably want to know what happened to Mr. Black Squirrel. Don't worry, I can tell you it has a happy ending. The night after we captured him, my brother and my father took Mr. Black Squirrel to a park that is a couple miles away from our house. We didn't want him finding his way back.
     But when my brother and father got to the park, they were not sure how to release the squirrel without getting bitten or attacked. Thankfully there was some nice old man that happened to be playing frisbee golf nearby. He was a hunter or something, so he opened the cage and let the squirrel go for my dad. So in the end Mr. Black Squirrel has a nice new home. I hope he finds a girl friend or something - as long as their baby's don't come near our house. He was too smart for his own good. Hopefully this solves our squirrel problem. So far, so good. No sign of any more squirrels in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment