Thursday, May 16, 2013

Speed Chores!

      Tonight at the farm, we had a staff meeting that went until 5:30. I was the one supposed to be working, but I had to leave right at 6 because I had a choir concert to get to. This meant that I had exactly half an hour to get chores done for the night.
      This includes making sure EVERY animal on the farm had water. Most of the time you have to fill them to, especially at night. Thats probably the hardest and longest job on the farm. But thats not all, night chores also include feeding some select animals. Select meaning about half of them. I had three other volunteers to help me, but they were not exactly the most focused ones I have ever worked with. But they did help, which was appreciated.
      The four of us were zipping around the farm. I finished the last of the waters at exactly 6:00, I watched the clock change from 5:59 to 6:00. Everyone was fed, and everyone had fresh/clean/full water. Now let me just say here that - I Have Never Done Chores SO Fast. Half an hour, and with waters. If you have never been to the farm, that probably doesn't make sense, but waters take FOREVER.
      Lets just say that in the end, I was pretty proud of myself and my volunteers. I was out on time even. :) All that was left was for Mary to milk the goats, and give bottles later that night. She normally does those though, so it worked out perfectly. All in All, it was a good night at the farm. Pretty hectic  but it turned out just swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment