Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Moon



There was a full moon the other night, but when I took a picture - I found there was more than just a moon. Trick of the light I supposed, but I do wonder why this happens with just the moon. I've seen another picture like this, taken by a friend, and its just the same.

A small poem about this picture.

Two extra orbs just flouting about.
One green, one white.
Still round as can be.
Illumination in the night
The moon shining bright
Dazzling the world for all to see.
Two silent mimes
Coping the one above.
Not the same - yet they try.
Alone.
Apart.
Separate by a still black that seeps through their light.
Light & Dark.
Black and white... and green?
A hint of yellow.
The night sky.

We've been working on poems in creative writing.
I don't think I'm getting much better.
I feel like all of my poems are like this. Bits and pieces of random thoughts that sorta fit together, but not really. Not sure if thats good, or not. I do enjoy the moon picture though :) Plus it got me writing, and thats always a good thing. I challenge you to stop for just about five minutes when the next night near you rolls around, and take in the beauty or the lack of the moon. The night sky is something to behold. I don't think you will regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment