Friday, February 22, 2013

TwoSinksFarm

On Tuesday, my creative writing class went on a field trip! We went out to TwoSinks Pony Farm, which is right near out school. When I was younger, in elementary school, we used to go here to ride the ponies, find our way in the hay maze, and ride in the horse drawn wagon. So this place had many memories, yet it had been a long time sense I had been back. No one was really there when we went, besides our class and two workers who were feeding the animals. Most of the group was following our teacher around, but my friends Kendra + Carly went with me on our own adventure. We were allowed to of course, but we went on our own - away from the class. I'll describe what we did with the pictures bellow. I find it easier to understand what we were doing when you can see it all.

The first thing we saw when we arrived were these two.  They were hiding in a little shelter away from the cold + snow that was blowing. I don't blame them, it was cold - and icy. A few people slipped XD But these are halflinger horses, which just happen to be my favorite type of horse, like ever! They are the ones that pull the carts and wagons.





















































The thing that gets me about this horse we saw, is how he stands. Just look at that! I have like five pictures of this horse just standing like that. Carly said that it looked like it away about to dance or something. He also has a beautiful colored coat, in my opinion at least. 

The horses bellow are the same halflingers again. After it stopped blowing so much, they came out for a snack. :) 


This was one of the abandoned stalls in the barn that we saw, for some reason they really stuck me. They were a bit eery in my opinion, yet they looked really sweet. Its almost as if a ghost could live here - haunted barn!



The picture on the left is a tree that we found while walking way back in the woods. The snow looked like little cotton balls on them :) For a second we even thought they were real cotton balls, then we realized it was just snow... The picture of a door is just another fascinating picture that I took of the barn. Once again, I know the barn is sorta old, but it almost looks like it could be haunted.





















This is the stream that we found, once again way back in the woods. If you notice the ice that is starting to form, it was neat to watch the water just run under it. So the water was still running, bu there was ice on top. Good thing no one fell in, it looked pretty cold.


Twine bucket! Now this is important to me because I understand! At the Critter Barn we have a twin bucket like this, so I felt sorta a connection. Odd, yes. 

To the left we have a beautiful tree that someone cared into, and on the left we have my friend chasing after a duck. I pick the best of friends :) - and no, that was not sarcastic. 


Speaking of ducks... ducks... and even MORE ducks!!! There. Were. So. Many.



This little pygmy was adorable :) I LOVE the markings on his face.




















We got to watch the sheep eat!


This is officially the SWEETEST looking ram I have EVER seen! I mean come on, just look at him! 

After the farm, we went over to out teachers house to have hot chocolate....

...and to see her PUPPIES! There are three of them, and they are all very tiny yorkies. They were adorable  absolutely adorable, and thats to say the least. We all sat there and held them and just watched them play for a while. They were ADORABLE!



Look at how cute they are :) For a while we watched them all play tug-a-war with this little toy. One of them, the one on my lap there - whose name is little red - would go off and play with himself while his two brothers fought over the toy. We also got to watch them eat.
So overall, it was a really amazing day with some wonderful friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment