Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring Fling 2013

Spring Fling at the farm this year was a BIG hit. Last year at the Critter Barn's Spring Fling, we opened the farm for free to the public for the first time. This brought in hundreds of people and we were packed. We have been open for free for a year now, but this year at the Spring Fling we had even MORE people than last year. 


I want to say a thanks to the over 10,000 people that came out! That is a lot of people.... I also want to say a Huge thanks to all our volunteers. We could NOT have done it with out them.
There was so much to do, and so many babies. A few lucky families even got to see a little lamb be born. 
On one of the days, we open at 10:00am, and by noon we had 1,000 guests come through. Bottle feeding goats was a Huge hit, but I think the best part was after words. We made a giant circle and set all the kids (baby goats) free to let them run around. That is where my video comes from, and they are all just so adorable. If you have never seen a kid prance about, I would highly suggest watching because it is a pretty neat thing to see - not many things can jump like a little goat. 


Overall, Spring Fling was a blast. I hope this summer is as fun filled as the spring, with classes and lots more guests I sure it will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment