Friday, April 12, 2013

Farm Update: Rain

'Whats going on at the farm?' you may ask. Rain. So much rain. Since we got the truck unstuck from the mud, it has just kept raining. I'm pretty sure their is only one animal/human on the farm enjoying this rain. 
The geese have been swimming around in all our giant puddles that pop up around the farm.



















Normally I quite enjoy the rain, I love it really, just not while I'm trying to work. Last night I had to bottle feed our baby calfs out in the freezing rain that was pelting down. From experience  I can say it is cold, wet, and not very enjoyable. It didn't make it any better that the cows would not come out from their hut until after a ton of coxing. 

Though one good thing about the night is that I figured out how to bottle feed the three lambs at once. Our three bottle lambs that were orphaned always get fed together, and when you are doing bottle feeding all alone, it can be hard to feed the three of them. So I stuck one bottle between my knees and held the other two in my hands. Good thing no one walked in on me, because I surely looked quite hilarious. It worked though! I feel pretty proud after that. 

There is nothing else quite new about the farm. I still have to post about Spring Fling that ended last week. I will get that post up shortly, I promise. It has been a very busy week, plus I am trying to make a video about it. So please just hang in with me here, and it will be up soon! Enjoy the rest of your day, whether it is raining by you or not. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment