Thursday, March 28, 2013

Molly (Part II)

This post is sorta a follow up to THIS post from earlier this month. If you have not read 'Stories of Baby's' I suggest you do. That was honestly one of my favorite posts I have made. In that post, the first story I talk about it about a sheep named Molly. I was there teaching a class and she gave girl to twin girls. I wanted to do a follow up on how they are doing now, so that is what this post is about. 


        As you can see, I have a lot of pictures of the little marbled lamb that was born to Molly. That is because the all black lamb likes to hide in the corner with his mama, which makes it hard to take pictures of him. But the marbled lamb comes up to the fence any time you pass through. Also I might have a slight bias to the marbled one, because she is so beautiful  I've always wanted to see a marbled lamb and now I helped give birth to one! Thats not the point of the story though.



        If you remember, when Molly gave birth to the twins - she could not stand. Now the sad part of this story is that she still can not stand. We are not sure why, we think it may have something to do with old age. Molly is now 10 years old, and that is high up in years for sheep. Even though she can't stand, that doesn't mean the baby's are not doing great. They are still getting plenty of milk. I don't have a picture of it, but what Molly will do is push her butt in the air so that she is only standing on her back two legs. That way the lambs can nurse every so often. We always knew she was a good mama, but this is just amazing. The lambs are looking healthy, and hopefully we can get Molly back to what she was.
Even when Molly doesn't stand up, the lambs still nurse (see pictures bellow). They have learned to drink from lower down, which is not normal at all but they have adapted well. We will see how Molly does in the next few weeks and months to come. I pray that she will be able to stand once again - soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment