Friday, March 15, 2013

French Alpine Twins!


On Wednesday the 13th, 2013 - Twin French Alpines were born on the farm. The one above is a little girl who has a floppy ear, and is pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen. The other one is a little boy (in the next set of two pictures he is the one on the right.) Sadly they were both born a bit sickly. They would not drink their milk, so they've been tubed a few times now to get the milk to them. I'm not sure what they have, or if they have anything, or what is wrong but they seem to be doing a bit better. When I walked in there they were laying down, but then they soon stood up and started wagging their little tails at me :) So they seemed pretty happy. Hopefully they will get better at taking the milk, and then everything will be good to go. The little boy is smaller than his sister, which I find quite adorable. When he stood up, he arched his back to stretch and then hobbled around for a bit. I nicknamed him a acho because when I sneezed (don't worry I turned far away from them, so I wouldn't get any of the sneeze on them.) he jumped. So his name is not acho, but thats what I'm going to call him. I thought I could nickname the girl flopsy, because of the adorable ear she has, but I find it a bit too cheesy - even for a goat. They are the first goats born on the farm this year, and now I can't wait for more to come!!! This is only one of the reasons that I love spring, it is my favorite season after all. Hopefully there will be more baby's soon to keep you updated with :D

No comments:

Post a Comment