Friday, June 21, 2013

Patience

Today at the farm, we had three farm on the goes. That is when we take a bunch of animals from the farm and head out to places. Lets just say that they are not easy, so it was a busy day. Finally we were packing up the last one and there was this one kids that kept hanging around. I had helped him hold a bunny rabbit earlier so I kinda remembered his face. He has one of those faces you don't forget. The thing was that he tried to help me put all the bunnies away and it was kinda getting annoying. It had been a long day and I was tired and cranky and way done. I just wanted him to leave to be honest, I wanted to work alone. Finally I gave in and gave him a job helping put rabbits away all by himself. Thinking on it now, he seemed so proud to help. 

Later that night I was talking to Mary, who is my boss, about a women who she talked to. The women had a son who wanted to take critter camp at the farm so that he could come volunteer. The thing was that her son has a large problem with anxiety. This was when I realized it was the kid who had helped me with the bunnies. I honestly wish I had spent a little more time with him, and gotten to know him. Hopefully he will come back to the farm and I can work with him again. 

This got me thinking a bit about the kids at the farm, and how they all come from different parts of life. I won't go deeply into this now, but at the farm there is a place for everyone. I want to remember that when there is a kid getting on my nerves. I want to effect there lives, and I think that can start with a bit - or a lot - of patience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment