Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Day of Smiles.

Yesterday was not the best day for me. I was struggling through a lot of different things and for once I was not all too thrilled to go work with the special needs kids at Holland. Normally it is my favorite part of my week, but I was just not up for it. I went anyways and for once all of the kids were in a really good mood. Only three of them were their, but still Gavin and Elise where in wonderful moods (which they normally are not).

Near the end of my time there, I was glad that I went. Those kids cheered up my entire day. My favorite quote was when the teacher turned and said to me,"Isn't it great to have someone who is always excited to see you." ~ Mrs. Oseland. Gavin was just chatting away about lots of things, and she mostly said it about him.

I love those kids :) Every time I go, I never cease to learn something from them and it's not like they are teaching me. They are just kids, living out their lives. Even Elise, who normally is not a happy camper, was having a good day. We even had a tickle fight for a little bit. I've never heard a kid laugh so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment