Saturday, August 31, 2013

Eggs Break When Thrown

Today I came to the conclusion that I have grown up. I may not be an adult, but I'm sure not a kid anymore. Two volunteers at the farm today, took the liberty to decorate the hen house with eggs. They were on the walls, and alllll over the floor. It took over an hour to clean up the entire thing. My first reflex was to yell at the kids, but surprisingly I didn't. I was able to remain composed through the whole thing. Another thing that surprised me was the talk that I had with the boys, it went really well. I didn't plan a thing about it, yet it came out really good. Those boys sure did learn their lesson. I even had to talk to both of there moms, which was honestly frightening. They were both very upset, and it sorta felt like they were mad at me - even though I know they were not. I felt bad for the two boys, it honestly wasn't THAT big of a deal, but I am sure they got in huge trouble from the looks on their mothers faces.

I am still not sure what to make of the whole thing, it was a rough day - but I think it turned out well. I am positive that those boys learned a very important lesson today about respect, listening, hard work, and consequences. At least they better have learned something from it, or they are not going to be coming back. I am also a little bit proud of myself, for handling it so well. I feel the whole thing went over as smoothly as possible in these circumstances. One last thing is that I am proud of both boys, who came up and sincerely apologized for what they had done. They didn't come together either, it was each of them separately and with out prodding from anyone. Many lessons learned today.

No comments:

Post a Comment