Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sheep Stalking

Tonight at the farm we tried something out that Mary taught us to do with volunteers if we ever had some free time. We each took a feed sack and just went and sat in the pen with all the lambs from the spring. At first the sheep were wary, but soon enough they started coming over - until they were pretty much crawling onto our laps. The goal was to just stay quiet and watch them. It was a really powerful experience. While sitting there I got some time to just talk to the volunteers. I talked a lot with one little girl Kennedy. She was telling me how she wished she could come more than two times a week to the farm, because we have a limit so that all volunteers have a chance to come.  After talking some more, I really started to remember what it felt like to be there. When I was just volunteering at the farm, I was in her same shoes. She wants to grow up and work here :) it's amazing how many times I have heard that from kids. It really makes me realize how lucky I am, and I am so very truly thankful for my job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment